The Skincare Regimen That Has Helped Lighten My Acne ScarsSunday, February 05, 2017
You guys. My skin hasn't been on its best behavior these days. My hormonal acne leads to aggressive scarring that often makes me feel, quite frankly, like shit. As I am working on my skin, it's so important for me to remember progress can be tracked when documented, which can help in the me feeling like shit area. I have been documenting my journey via photographs for some time, and now is the perfect time for some comparisons.
I have been using the routine I list below for 60 days unless otherwise noted. In addition, I'm going to be rolling out individual reviews of each of the products mentioned within the next few days. I hope to get them out asap, but until then...!
|These are skincare products I took with me on vacation December 5th. Some of the products mentioned in this post are not in this photo. The regimen was started the following week, when I returned home.|
Skincare Routine for Hyperpigmentation
- In the morning, I switch between Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (also used with a spin brush every 3 days) and Erborian Double Mousse Cleansing Foam.
- In the evening, I've been double cleansing with an oil cleanser as my first cleanser (and makeup remover) and I mainly use Erborian Double Mousse Cleansing Foam or Liquid Black Soap as second cleansers.
- Mist: I switch in between Missha First Treatment Essence Mist, Nature Republic Bee Venom Mist, and Mario Badescu Rose Mist. I consider this my toning stage.
- Serum 1: Holysnails Shark Sauce
- Serum 2/Essence: Manyo Factory Galactomyces
- Serum 3: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
- Emulsion/Lotion: Hydropeptide Lumapro-C Skin Brightening Pigment Corrector
- Moisturizer 1: Joseon Dynasty Cream
- Moisturizer 2: Hada Labo Goku-jyun Alpha Milk
- Moisturizer 3: Clarins Multiactive Jour Day Cream SPF 20 (started using in January)
- Sleeping Mask: Erborian BB Sleeping Mask (PM Only)
- Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum
- Murad Rapid Lightening Serum (I was using this inconsistently before sheet masking to lock it in)
- Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer
|Before #1; photo taken 11/4/2016|
|After #1; photo taken 2/2/2017|
|Before #3; Photo taken 10/28/2016 (exactly 7 days before the previous before photo)|
|After #3: photo taken 2/2/2017|
These three spots are nearly gone! Progress!
When I get aggravated with my skin, I need to remember these photos! Hope this helps somebody!