With so much going on in the beauty realm, it’s hard to stay focused on passion. I started this blog because long ago, I discovered I had a love for beauty; all things beautiful. Things that make me feel beautiful, make me look beautiful, and are just beautiful to the eye of the beholder, which in this case is me. Lately, everything makeup related looks the same to me. Every smokey eye, every matte lip, every brow on fleek… there are so many people talking about all of these things and I find it a bit of a struggle to stay fresh, new, and relevant. And I’m actually quite bored.
Therefore, I have decided to be a lot more thoughtful about what I post, and if it doesn’t excite me in some form, I’ll think twice before posting. There is, however, an exception; that being I know how hard it is for WOC regarding makeup shades and ranges. For example, I really wanted to try the IT Cosmetics CC cream but could not find one relevant post in all of the abyss that is google images for the shade, Rich. Kind of mind-blowing since 1) there are tons of beauty blogs and 2) there are tons of beauty blogs from people of color. I think there is some room to grow when it comes to niche and Indie brands, where IT Cosmetics comfortably falls. Anyway, as you can see in the title, I ended up just buying it to see for myself what all the fuss is about. In short the exception will be hard-to-find or hard-to-find-reviews-on products that there isn’t much representation for me for (I hope that makes sense). That said, you may notice if I am posting less than normal, but all for a good cause!
Now that I have all that out of the way, I am excited (like very excited) about upcoming reviews and videos I have lined up! Have a look, and I’ll see you all real soon!
- Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold
- YSL Boho Stones Peace Green – La Laque Coutoure Nail Lacquer (so hard to find, but I was persistent!)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream with SPF50+, color Rich
- Bioderma Sebium Mat
- Inglot Cosmetics Eye Makeup Base
- Sensationnel Amelia
- Outre Neesha
- Bobbi Boss Shuju
- Isis Collection Mermaid 2
- Tons of sheet masks
- Alpha Hydrox Retinol and Alpha Hydrox Spot Lightener
- I haven’t forgotten about the Shark Sauce review, but my analysis is not yet complete!
- Some stuff from Kiko, including the new high pigment shadows
- And some stuff from ColourPop!