I’ve been on this unofficial quest to find a dupe for Ben Nye’s Banana Powder. I love it, and it’s a forever purchase, HG product, but good lordt is it hard to find. Of all the purchases, I’m sure I’ve bought some fakes too. I’ve tried a few different Banana Powders as dupes but neither of them hit the mark. Kat Von D’s Brightening Powder is almost as good as Ben Nye’s, but it’s still a bit too white for me. Sadly, it looks like it’s been discontinued!
My skin type
Oily and imperfect. I have fading dark acne scars and tiny icepick scars on my cheeks.
What it’s supposed to do
From the brand: Brighten and smooth the under-eye area
Talc, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Jojoba Esters. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
How I use it
How I apply banana powder:
- Set my under eye concealer by lightly applying and brushing off; I don’t cake n’ bake.
- Brighten/mattify the middle of my forehead and my chin as those spots get shiny.
- Mattify the area around my nose
What I like about it
- It does what it’s supposed to do; it definitely brightens!
- It’s pretty finely milled and doesn’t sit on top of the skin or settle in like the terrible banana powder from ColourPop
What could be better
- It’s too white for my skin tone
Where to indulge
Sold tf out, but you may be able to find it in TJ Max, which is where I picked this one up at!
If you enjoyed this post, you should add me on Bloglovin so you never miss another.