Get ya pearls out! I wrote this post to celebrate my flaws! Also, if y’all got some tips, I’ll take them into consideration kekeke. Also, be sure to read the message at the end, if you do anything at all with this post. 😚
1. I poke myself in the eye almost every time I apply mascara
It seems… like such an easy task. But half the time I do it, I scrape one of my eyeballs with the applicator comb! Yes, it hurts. My eyes start to water and my makeup is ruined. Whyyyyy? I wish I could just wear lashes forever but I suppose I need my real ones for protection.
2. I don’t believe in baby hairs
I know, shocking since everyone and their mom has them now. Just plastered all over their foreheads… I’m an adult! Y’all know issa wig. There’s got to be some other way to more realistically conceal that hairline. For me, I just cannot with baby hairs. I’d rather y’all see it.
Literally me every time I see them:
3. I pop my pimples before I try to treat them and then mope and complain about the hyperpigmentation later.
Mostly out of habit. Whyyy can’t I stop this?
4. I had crazy and confused alligator teeth before I got braces as an adult and fixed them.
I am beyond overjoyed and grateful that I can joke about this now because I was always so self-conscious about my teeth my entire childhood and most of my adult life. Do 👏 what 👏 makes 👏 you 👏 happy, no matter how old you are!
5. I look like a total different person on one side of my face compared to my “good” side
More like an animal. I just see a horse every time (insert horse noise). 🐎 I try to contour more often but yeah, doesn’t really help with symmetry.
6. I sweat like a man and nothing works to stop it. 👨
Or a pig. Or whatever sweats a lot. I did try Sweat Block once, which worked but I started getting weird ass lumps underneath my arm. I stopped because I thought it was gonna give me cancer or some shit. Also weird because I am always cold! I don’t wear t-shirts, long sleeved cotton shirts, or anything that might show sweat for this reason.
7. I’d rather buy new makeup brushes than wash them.
I’d rather do a lot of undesirable things over washing my makeup brushes. I’d rather not wear makeup than wash those damn brushes and will just conceal with my fingertips to avoid it.
8. I sometimes go weeks (and I mean weeks) without removing my toe nail polish. 💅
I honestly do not care.
9. I won’t wash my hair for two weeks and be fine with it
That’s about the time the dandruff and the itchies set in. In my defense… meh. Explaining might make things worse lol.
10. I haven’t ironed a piece of clothing in over 10 years, I don’t own an iron, and I refuse to ever iron again.
I’m serious. I. won’t. do. it.
You guys, our flaws make us who we are. I like to think of myself as well put together most of the time, but I’m not. I often compare myself to others, even though I know I shouldn’t and I try SO hard not to, and it gets to me sometimes. Oftentimes I think about quitting everything. I go back and forth with myself at being less judgy, not being a hypocrite, living up to strangers’ standards, keeping my integrity intact, standing up for what I believe in, not eating animals or buying anything animal-based… the list goes on and on.
Lately, I have been taking a moment out of life to say, “Hey. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Well, be hard on yourself because no one else will and you need to succeed, but you can relax about this.” That’s literally how that conversation goes. If you need to have that conversation with yourself, you should definitely have it.