Have you all spied the new Glow Recipe Avocado Sleeping Mask? I have! I’ve even been slathering it on my face and it’s time for a review – a very positive one!
My skin type
What it’s supposed to do
From the brand: Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask is a creamy yet breathable sleeping mask that nourishes and softens dry, tired skin overnight. It’s a quick fix to eliminating dry flakes and dull skin.
Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Water, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Honey, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Stearic Acid, Gluconolactone, Kaolin, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract.
How I use it
This cream is the very last step in my nightly skincare routine.
What I like about it
- It’s soooo rich and creamy; it may be the creamiest sleeping mask I’ve used.
- I like that it has real avocado in it. While I despise the taste and texture of avocado as a food choice, I know it’s high in fats and good for you so I don’t mind putting it all over my face even if it doesn’t translate 😀.
- It feels like self-care while I am using it, from the heavy-ish glass jar to the texture and richness of the cream.
- It comes with a spatula! Great for those that feel some kind of way about germs.
- It’s green! I love that this cream is a pastel-y green shade. It really makes a difference in the amount of joy it brings me.
- It’s got a mixture of moisturizing and exfoliating (Gluconolactone, a PHA) ingredients! A double whammy and just up my alley.
- It doesn’t feel heavy on my skin and makes it incredibly smooth.
- It doesn’t break me out!
- It doesn’t immediately rub off into my pillow; instead of sitting on top of my skin like some sleeping masks do, this one melts into the skin.
What could be better
- So when I opened the jar and took a whiff, I thought it smelled like Selsun Blue (a medicated anti-dandruff shampoo), but the scent doesn’t translate on the skin.
- While there is a spatula included, there’s nowhere to actually put it. The main point of a spatula is for cleanliness, no? It comes in a little plastic wrapper but that’s just not a very efficient place for it to live. My hands are usually covered in product by the time I need to use this and to have to try and get the spatula out of a piece of plastic proved itself to be a bit cumbersome. I threw out the wrapper and just place the spatula on top of the jar lid. I have a feeling that it will soon be lost.
Where to indulge
Sephora | Glow Recipe
If you enjoyed this post, you should add me on Bloglovin so you never miss another.